"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Friday, August 11, 2006 - Replies

Dear Shelli,

I'm so glad that you are nearing the end of the ordeal. I hope the surgery is soon. Often thinking about something is worse than actually doing it. It sounds like you have coped better than most. You have been amazing. It is depressing to be so weak for so long. I think you should have been a writer. Your letters are so clever. I am amazed at your ability to express yourself so well. Hang in there, You are in our prayers.

I love you. Gaile

====================

Dear Gaile,

It was good to have an email from you when I got here today! Thanks!

I have been sick all last week and all weekend...chemo and the neulasta shot, the stress of the flooring thing triggered the fibromyalgia aching stuff, then I caught a cold from someone here at work. So I went to my regular doctor this morning, sinusitis he said, and I got something for my eyelids too, which have been just making me crazy...he said I have an infection there too. So I'm on antibiotics and he gave me a cortisone shot, and got drops and cream for my eyes. GEEZ...almost $100 later between copay, prescriptions and OTC Musinex...ouch. But I couldn't risk delaying chemo for being sick.

I've always fancied writing to be one of my strongest suits. Thank you for the compliment. I've been trying and trying to convince Brad how important it is to be able to express yourself clearly in writing; it's hard for him (actually I think the hard part for him is getting it from his head to his fingers and out the end of the pencil...he has the vocabulary and thoughts to be a good writer). Of all the things I learned in high school and college, writing has served me the best in life.

No comments: