"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Monday, July 31, 2006

From my cousin Anita, the oncology nurse:

I was wondering how your treatments are going?
Hope all is going well!!
Love Ya, Anita

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hi Anita!

Going pretty well. I did my second treatment of Taxotere aweek ago, and after just the first treatment the doctor found there was considerable change in the mass. That's good news...the A/C didn't do much of anything the whole time, and the Taxotere has done more in just the two I've done. I have my 3rd this Friday. The Taxotere is easier to tolerate than the A/C, though I am pretty tired and I get achy some (still taking the Neulasta too), but not the entire two weeks, just for a few days, after the Decadron wears off. The nurse suggested Glutamine powder, 10 grams, three times a day, for five days starting 24 hrs after treatment. I wasn't able to get it ALL down because it really doesn't dissolve very well so it's gritty. Yuck. But it did seem to help a bit w/ the aching and with my stomach/bowels. I'll try again after this next treatment. My spirits are up more again, my bad days were really only Monday-Wednesday following the treatment, and that was mostly exhaustion this time. Thanks for checking on me! I appreciate it. Thank you for your insight with this.

No comments: