"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Thursday, July 6, 2006

I'm so tired of hats and such. I'm ready to have hair again, but I guess I'm just going to have to wait on that. My eyes water a lot and my make-up rubs off. And if I wear eye shadow or mascara, I get swollen eye lids, like sties (sp). Ugh. The no hair thing and the hat thing would be tons better if I could wear make-up!!!

Treatment tomorrow, starting the Taxotere. Nurse says mostly people just report more fatigue. The drug that goes with it, Decadron, they say can make you feel wired, but I took it 3 hrs ago and don't really feel "wired". Was hoping for "so hyper that I go home and organize for 3 hrs".

Brad has been at his dad's since last Tuesday and I'm getting a little lonely. He decided to stay until Sunday evening. Funny how they drive you nuts when they're home, but how much you miss them when they aren't around.

=============
Hi Anita,

I wanted to get your input on some things. I have to do another course of chemo, and the doctor is putting me on Taxotere, w/ Decadron. The reading I've done makes them both sound dreadful. I get the feeling I should anticipate being a lot sicker than I have been w/ the A/C. Decadron sounds pretty bad itself, so Taxotere must be pretty bad to warrant it!

I wanted to get your take on Taxotere and Decadron. Do you see patients being sicker on this? Am I crazy to try to work through this? The nurses keep asking if I need to go on disability, but I don't know. I'm fine (fine enough to work) one week and sick the next.
----------
(from Anita)

In my experience the Taxotere is much easier to tolerate than theAdriamycin and Cytoxan. The side effects I see are mainly lowering blood counts and fatigue. Some patients may have some muscle aching a few days after the treatment but it only lasts a few days. Most people tolerate this chemo without nausea. The most important thing is to drink plenty of fluids. The decadron is only to help prevent swelling and seems to be tolerated pretty well. The main side effects I see with it are increased appetite and nervousness. Just plan your housework so you can get it all done after the decadron. Most of the patients feel this chemo is much easier to tolerate. You should be able to work if that is what you want to do.

Love You, Anita

No comments: