"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Friday, August 11, 2006

Well, we're nearing the light at the end of the tunnel…unfortunately it's followed by another tunnel, but hey, I'm making progress.

August 18th is scheduled to be my last chemo treatment. 4 days after my 42nd birthday. The new chemo drug, Taxotere, has had far better results than did the Adriamyacin and Cytoxin. (Doesn't that just SCREAM poison? CyTOXIN…) I am scheduled to see the surgeon on September 1st, and his nurse told me that he usually schedules surgery 2-3 weeks after the appt. I'm a little concerned with the extended amount of time between the surgery and the last treatment. I will discuss it with Dr. (oncologist) on the 18th. As he explained to me before, about two weeks or so after a treatment, the tumor goes back into the growth cycle, slowly, but if I wait a month after the last treatment until surgery, seems to me that some of the shrinkage from that treatment will be negated. I'd rather do another treatment and keep that sucker down! We'll see what the good doctor has to say about it.

It has taken me longer this time it seems to bounce back after the treatment. I was home sick Monday and Tuesday, but here it is Friday and I still feel pretty crappy. Achy, flu-ey, tired…and I haven't been sleeping well. Last night it took Hydrocodone, Benadryl AND Zanax to get me through the night. (not all at once…calm down…) Part of it is the stress of this whole tile installation ordeal (long story) and the stress and upset is making me sick; the ol' fibromyalgia thing, and keeping me from getting over the treatment I think. I'm starting to feel a little better now, approaching the noon hour, than I did even this morning. That's a good thing, since Brad needs to go school shopping Saturday.

Nothing else new for me. Other than my every-other-week appts w/ Dr. So-CUTE, my life is incredibly boring. Unless you find stress exciting, in which case, have I got a flooring company for you!

Thanks for all your love and prayers,
Love you all,
-

No comments: