"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Monday, June 26, 2006 - Replies

What a bummer! It would be easy to get down when you think you are at the end of a road only to find it going on and on and on..... Gosh, Iwas sure hoping you were on the last treatment. Take courage, "this too shall pass." You may be on disability yet. With your body already suppressed, the next four may take you even lower. Please email Anita and let her know. If you have lost her email, let me know. It makes you wonder about the surgeon extracting Willa's without chemo doesn'tit? Our prayers are with you and for you. It seems like this is going to last forever, but it won't. You want to do it right. It's better to endure a little more than to have to be going through it again in a few years.

I hope Brad is helping you around the house. Fifteen is such an ugly age. They are like two year olds thinking the whole world revolves around them and if it doesn't, it should! Sixteen is better, hang on!

I love you and admire your courage even if you don't like doing it. It's what we do, not how we feel about it that seems to make the most difference in our lives. I remember a quote from David O McKay that says something like: It's doing what you should do, not what you want to do that makes you happy in the long run. At times like this in my life when the pain and discomfort are so unbearable that I have come to appreciate the Savior and what he suffered for us. I can't even imagine how he bore so much and survived. I think D&C 19 suggests exquisite pain----how hard to bear, ye know not. We think of the pain of sin, but add to that the emotional pain of divorce, betrayal, etc and then add all the physical pain that a fallen world affords and it is inconcieveable that he loved us enough to endure it.

I remember a friend going through a divorce in her sixties. Angry, bitter and not dealing with reality she cried about the unfairness of life. I offered her the only comfort I have ever had access to and that is the Savior. She retorted, "Yes, but He never suffered a divorce, He doesn't know how painful this is." As soon as she said it, she contritely said, "Oh, I guess he does." Ultimately for me the Gospel is the answer to all questions. It gives me purpose and hope and comfort. I know the Savior loves us in such apersonal way. He weeps to know what you are going through and loves you. He won't take the pain and discomfort away, but he will put his arms around you and pour out his love for you. Everything important I haveever learned in life, I have learned through pain or trial. When life is easy, we glide and procrastinate the important things in our lives. Pain is often the Lord's way of getting our attention. I know more than most how much He loves you. I have had witness of that on several occassions in your life. Each time you stray, he reaches out and pulls you back. He wants you to come back to Him a well-loved daughter.

I love you, Gaile

No comments: