"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Thursday, May 4, 2006

Port Decision:

After vascillating today on the decision to have a port or not, I decided to have it. I talked to nurses at the oncologist and the surgeon, and just the discussion of I.V.'s made me begin to have that frantic, tearing-up feeling.

I have a very psycological reaction to I.V.'s, stemming back to the hospital when I was 6, with my eye surgeries. Ask Mom; she was with me when I had to get one as an adult for a procedure…I nearly got hysterical. The next time, I think Beth was with me, I did a little better but still cried. Last week when I had to have a thing left in for an hour during the muga scan, I cried even though it didn't hurt.

So even though, believe me, I considered "do I really want this just for 4 treatments?", I decided I am not a good candidate for toughing it out. I will be getting it next Thursday.

No comments: