"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Thursday, July 13, 2006

A friend in my company said to me in an email today, "It sucks to have to feel like super crap to get healthy again." So, if someone could design me a nice S.C. logo, that will be my new super-hero alter-ego...SuperCrap. I have definitely had a couple days this week where that applies. Thank goodness for Vicodin.

The new treatment, Taxotere, makes me feel more fatigued, and over-all achy, like the flu, on top of the bone achiness from the Neulasta shot. I still can't eat anything but rice, potatoes and plain bread, oh and grits - that was a treat - or else everything turns to hot acid-covered shards of glass before exiting my body. At least that's what it feels like. Today I feel better than I have since the treatment Friday. Maybe the worse is over until the next one.

Attached are pics of the new rug. I couldn't take it any longer, and saw some women at chemo last week with very nice wigs, so I decided to go for it. I'm glad I did; wish I'd done it sooner. I feel so much better about how I look, feel more normal again.

I missed church a week ago Sunday; I guess I needed the rest because I kept falling asleep. Then I found out later that all the women had worn hats that week in support of me!! Some of them did it again this week, and I was wearing the new hair instead of a hat, but it was so sweet of them! And my home teacher's wife donated about 12'' of hair to Locks of Love this past weekend, in honor of me she said.

That's about all the news that's new for now. I'll pester the doctor again about details when I see him. He does want me to do radiation, and his reasoning was pretty good, and said that when he sends me to the radiologist he can explain it even better. He had a cute analogy about ants in the kitchen and spraying all around after they are gone...something like that. My new "worry" is how the surgeon will know what is where, and what about the little spots that were on my mamogram...Dr. said they don't always do new scans, but that seems silly to me. He thinks that some of the mass that seems to be changing from week to week, bigger, smaller, different, may be some fibroid tissue as well. WELL how will the surgeon know??? Last time I took a list. He is good about explaining things to me and SO DARN CUTE! At least there's that...haha.

Love you all,

No comments: