"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Monday, June 5, 2006

Thank you, it means a lot to hear from you. I am so humbled by all the prayers being offered in my behalf. A woman I didn't even know came up to me after R.S. yesterday and told me she'd been praying for me.

Surgery isn't scheduled yet. The oncologist is waiting to see progress. Could be less than 4 treatments, could be more. Then he'll send me back to the surgeon. I have a lot of questions for him this time. My 3rd treatment is this Friday. I am surprised at how well I am doing. Other than a few days, I've only had fatigue to deal with. Sometimes severe fatigue, exhaustion, but I haven't been pukey at all. One lady said to me yesterday that she didn't know I was going through all this, had just thought I was being stylish w/ the head wear...haha.

The biggest difficulty is work; I work for someone who is much like Ginger with whom Mom works, and a little like Me-Ma in some regards...has to be the center of attention, has to be the sickest, if i'm out sick one day, next day she has a migrane, etc etc...she can't stand someone else getting attention. And she makes my life difficult, very stressful. If I weren't going through cancer and chemo, (and if the market were different), I'd have my resume out there right now.

I shared my experience w/ Mom shaving my head in R.S. yesterday, and a lot of people were very touched as well. It meant a lot to me. She gave me a little jeweled "pink ribbon" pin, too. A woman came into the pharmacy wearing it and Mom admired her pin, said she was looking for one for her daughter, etc. The woman took it off and told her to give it to me. Isn't that sweet!!?? People can be so nice.

I'll let you know what the doctor says Friday.

Love you!

No comments: